Ghoufi Canyon is an old historical and archaeological site located 90 km south of Batna. Composed of sedimentary and metamorphic rocks. On the banks of the river called Abiod also known as Ighzir Amellal, is an oasis with palm groves, orchards and vegetable gardens.
The troglodyte homes or domesticated cave dwellings of the Ghoufi's balconies offer a history as rich as the region itself, they are scraped into a cliff and stacked like irregular sugar cubes. Their construction dates back nearly four centuries and presents an urban plan modeled on villages on each balcony in the form of buildings. You can also see hotel’s guest rooms that are in a honeycomb of cliff caves built by the French.
This tour will tell you the full potential of the Guffy Canyon.
Inclusions & Exclusions
✔ Entrance fees
✔ Invitation letter and visa assistance
✔ All transfers
✔ English speaker local guide
1. Hotel El Bey Constantine
2. Protea Hotel Constantine
3. Cirta Hotel
4. Novotel Constantine
5. Ibis Constantine
6. Hocine Hotel
7. Hotel des Princes
8. Constantine Marriott Hotel
Additional Info: Please share with us your accommodation in Constantine to arrange the pick up
We climb down the stairways where you can get to the bottom down the river. The view is amazing from above and even from below. You also have a glance look at the small old mosque and then climb up on a winding trail to explore the hotel rooms that were built by French.
Duration: 2 hours
• Not recommended for travelers with poor cardiovascular health
• Travelers should have at least a moderate level of physical fitness
• Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
• For any booking for a departure within 48 hours you need to confirm availability
• If you don’t have a tourist visa yet, please make a reservation and contact us at least one month in advance
• This tour is mostly walking.