Delve into Venetian history on a tour showcasing the city's most iconic structures—St. Mark’s Basilica and the Doge’s Palace—as an expert guide sheds light on the stories behind both iconic attractions. Skip the line into the legendary St. Mark's Basilica, where you’ll wander through the mosaic-clad interior and even step onto the balcony overlooking Piazza San Marco—reserved for only a select few! Then, continue to the Doge's Palace and step into the political heart of a powerful empire.
Inclusions & Exclusions
✔ Skip-the-line ticket for St. Mark's Basilica
✔ Local English-speaking guide
✔ Exclusive Early Entry to the Doge's Palace (8 AM only)
✔ Exclusive access to the balcony of St. Mark's Basilica
✔ Pre-reserved ticket to the Doge's Palace
✔ Headsets when necessary
✖ Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
Departure & Return
P.za San Marco, 52, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Correr Museum (Museo Correr) in Piazza San Marco. Meet under the portico just outside the entrance of the museum. Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. Your guide will be holding a Walks sign.
Return: Piazza San Marco, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
In St. Mark's Square.
Piazza San Marco
Begin in the world-famous St. Mark’s Square (Piazza San Marco) and take a moment to appreciate the breathtaking space laid out in front of you. Your guide will lay the foundation for your experience, setting the scene of centuries of Venetian history under the famed arched portico.
Duration: 15 minutes
Basilica di San Marco
Get special access into the pristine St. Mark’s Basilica, skipping past the long lines and straight into its opulent interior. Wander beneath the mosaics in the company of a local guide who’s especially skilled at reviving the past through storytelling and expert knowledge. Marvel at the mosaics and more of the basilica’s treasures, then take a walk out onto the balcony for a once-in-a-lifetime view overlooking Piazza San Marco, the Doge's Palace, and the Venetian lagoon.
Duration: 45 minutes
Weave your way through the Doge’s Palace, where pre-reserved tickets once again get you past the lines and inside what was once the political heart of the Venetian empire for hundreds of years. Walk through the Doge's private apartments and learn how politics and crime went hand in hand—even in medieval Venice. Finally, like many other (unlucky) Venetians before you, you’ll wander over the Bridge of Sighs—and learn why this romantic icon is a little grimmer than you may have heard—before finishing your exploration in the New Prisons.
Duration: 2 hours
• Public transportation options are available nearby
• Travelers should have at least a moderate level of physical fitness
• Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
• Please remember that the basilica is a holy place and attire must be appropriate: Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. Walks of Italy cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress. Backpacks are prohibited inside of St. Mark's Basilica.
• Backpacks are prohibited inside St. Mark's Basilica.
• Walks complies with all local government regulations. You may need to wear a mask or provide proof of vaccination to enter certain venues. Please refer to Italy government guidelines for the most up to date information
• Tour in English only
• • St. Mark's Basilica can be subject to unforeseen closures due to liturgical celebrations or high tides. In this event, your guide will give the tour from the exterior of the Basilica or we will contact clients as soon as possible to arrange a suitable alternative.