Delve into Venetian history on a tour showcasing the city's most iconic structures. Let an expert Venetian guide shed light on the stories behind St. Mark's Basilica and the Doge's Palace. Enjoy skip-the-line access to both of these popular attractions. Inside the legendary St. Mark's Basilica wander the mosaic-clad interior and peek into secret spaces, with exclusive access onto the balcony overlooking Piazza San Marco - reserved for only a chosen few! Then continue to the Doge's Palace, exploring the political heart of a powerful Empire. See the New Prisons, all the regalia of Venice, and then walk across the Bridge of Sighs.
Inclusions & Exclusions
✔ Skip-the-line ticket for St. Mark's Basilica
✔ Local English-speaking guide
✔ Exclusive Early Entry to the Doge's Palace (8 AM only)
✔ Exclusive access to the balcony of St. Mark's Basilica
✔ Pre-reserved ticket to the Doge's Palace
✔ Headsets when necessary
✖ Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
Departure & Return
P.za San Marco, 52, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Correr Museum (Museo Correr) in Piazza San Marco. Meet under the portico just outside the entrance of the museum. Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure
Return: Piazza San Marco, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
In St. Mark's Square.
Piazza San Marco
We begin in the world-famous St. Mark’s Square (Piazza San Marco), sharing a few breath-taking moments to appreciate the space laid out in front of us. Your guide will lay the foundation for your experience engaging all your senses and establishing the course of Venetian history under the famed arched portico.
Duration: 30 minutes
Basilica di San Marco
Get special access, skipping the long lines into the pristine St. Mark's Basilica. Wander the interior in the company of a local guide - skilled at reviving the past through storytelling and expert knowledge. Sight the mosaics, the opulence, and then take a walk out onto the balcony for a once-in-a-lifetime view overlooking Piazza San Marco, the Doge's Palace, and the Venetian Lagoon.
Duration: 60 minutes
Weave your way through the Doge’s Palace, where pre-reserved tickets once again get us past the lines and inside what was the political heart of the empire for hundreds of years. Walkthrough the Doge's private apartments and learn how politics and crime went hand in hand, even in medieval Venice.
Duration: 60 minutes
Ponte dei Sospiri
Finally, like many other (unlucky) Venetians before you, you’ll wander over the Bridge of Sighs and learn why this romantic icon is a little grimmer than you have probably heard.
Duration: 15 minutes
• Public transportation options are available nearby
• Travelers should have at least a moderate level of physical fitness
• Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
• Please remember that the basilica is a holy place and attire must be appropriate: Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. Walks of Italy cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress. Backpacks are prohibited inside of St. Mark's Basilica.
• Backpacks are prohibited inside St. Mark's Basilica.
• Walks complies with all local government regulations. You may need to wear a mask or provide proof of vaccination to enter certain venues. Please refer to Italy government guidelines for the most up to date information
• Tour in English only
• • St. Mark's Basilica can be subject to unforeseen closures due to liturgical celebrations or high tides. In this event, your guide will give the tour from the exterior of the Basilica or we will contact clients as soon as possible to arrange a suitable alternative.