Explore St Mark’s Basilica without the crowds on an after-hours tour, and enjoy an optional visit to Doge's Palace, if you wish. Inside St Mark’s Basilica, admire treasured mosaics and a Byzantine altarpiece, and then follow your guide into the crypt where St Mark himself is believed to rest. Upgrade for late access to the Doge’s Palace and learn about the Higher Council Hall, the Doge's apartments, and the Bridge of Sighs as you explore.
Upgrade your tour to include a 2-hour late entry tour of the Doge’s Palace, including the armory, New Prisons, and incredible council rooms and frescos of Palazzo Ducale.
Please note that there may be a break up to 2 hours between your Doge’s Palace tour and your exclusive After Hour Visit, due to temporary earlier closing time at the Doge’s Palace. Your guide in this case will provide bar/restaurant recommendations
Inclusions & Exclusions
✔ Professional guide
✔ Small groups of 25 people or fewer
✔ Doge’s Palace tickets (if option with Doge Palace selected)
✔ After-hours St. Mark’s Basilica tickets
✖ Hotel pickup and drop-off
• Public transportation options are available nearby
• Suitable for all physical fitness levels
• This tour is in English.
• This is a walking tour. Guests should be able to walk at a moderate pace without difficulty.
• The tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds can be provided for late arrivals or no-shows.
• If you cannot join your tour at the last minute (running late, etc), please contact us. We may be able to reschedule your tour with a small amendment fee depending on availability.
• Due to the religious nature of St. Mark's Basilica, all individuals regardless of gender must cover their shoulders and knees. You can bring extra covering (scarves, etc) to put on just before entering St. Mark's. Walks cannot be held responsible for those denied entry.
• Sites visited during this tour are subject to occasional closures due to holy observances, high tides, and/or flooding. If a site closes, your guide will tour the exterior of the site. If time permits, we will reach out to you prior to your tour. For last-minute closures, modifications may be communicated at the tour start time.
• Large bags and backpacks cannot be brought into St. Mark's Basilica.
• On certain days there may be a short break between the visit to the Doge's Palace and St. Mark's Basilica (never more than one hour). This may extend the overall length of the tour.
• Walks comply with all local government regulations. You may need to wear a mask or provide proof of vaccination to enter certain venues. Please refer to Italy government guidelines for the most up to date information