Harlem is one of New York City’s most culturally rich neighborhoods. Don’t miss out on its beauty just because you don’t know where to go on your own. This Harlem Sunday morning gospel tour, complete with a gospel choir service, takes care of the details for you. See the Apollo Theater and Cotton Club, and explore parts of this neighborhood. Upgrade to include a soul food brunch at a local restaurant.
Explore Harlem on the day of the week when it’s most alive—Sunday
Watch a Sunday morning gospel service with a choir
A guide knows the best ways around to see more in less time
Upgrade to enjoy a soul food brunch at a local-favorite restaurant
• Wheelchair accessible
• Infants and small children can ride in a pram or stroller
• Public transportation options are available nearby
• Infants are required to sit on an adult’s lap
• Suitable for all physical fitness levels
• Church services may be held in the Bronx, however the tour will still cover the Harlem itinerary
• Shorts and tank tops are not allowed to be worn on this tour. Harlem Spirituals Inc. reserves the right to refuse clients improperly dressed and will not refund the service
• Soul Food is traditional African American cuisine that originated in the South in the United States. Today it has become a highly sought after cuisine. It consists of spicy ribs, collard greens, fried fish and chicken, freshly cooked corn bread, and a few side dishes like black eye peas, okra, or macaroni and cheese to mention a few.
• Guests are invited to take walks through the neighborhoods visited. The average walk is about 15 minutes.
• With advance notice, wheelchair bound customers with some mobility can be accommodated in the front rows of the tour bus with their wheelchairs folded away in the luggage compartment. It is mandatory that someone accompany customers with special needs to assist them onto the coach.
• For passengers with no mobility or a non foldable wheelchairs we recommend giving at least 3 weeks notice so that we can secure a coach with a wheelchair lift.
• Wheelchair lifts are 49" X 28" and can carry a maximum weight limit of 700lbs. We kindly ask that you submit the dimensions and model of the chair as our lift may not be able to accommodate scooters and other large sized electric chairs. A maximum of one person in a wheelchair can be accommodated per bus.
• Many of the churches that we visit have steps. In order to accommodate their wheelchair bound congregation members churches use portable mobility ramps.
• Masks are mandatory inside churches