Get a unique gladiator’s-eye view of Rome’s iconic Colosseum, in a Skip-the-Line tour that delves backstage into areas that are normally off-limits to the public. Explore the Underground, where gladiators prepared themselves for battle, and walk in their footsteps on a partially reconstructed arena stage. All this, plus the Palatine Hill and Roman Forum: all the most significant surviving remnants of Ancient Rome, in one fascinating tour.
Inclusions & Exclusions
✔ Professional guide
✔ Special Skip-the-Line Access to Colosseum Underground and Arena Floor
✔ Dedicated audio headsets so you don't miss a thing
✔ Guaranteed to skip the long lines
✔ Skip-the-Line Access to Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
✔ Small groups of 10 people or fewer
✖ Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Largo Gaetana Agnesi, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Meet your guide at Largo Gaetana Agnesi, above the 2nd floor of the metro line B (blue line) stop "Colosseo".
If arriving by metro: Upon exiting the turnstiles of the metro, take an immediate right down the tiled hall to the escalator/stairs within the metro station.
Return: Via della Salara Vecchia, 5/6, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Begin your tour of Rome’s most iconic monument with Skip-the-Line access directly through the Gladiator’s Gate. Once the main exit for defeated contenders, this special entrance leads you directly to the parts of the Colosseum most tourists don’t get to see.
Your first stop is the Colosseum Underground – the backstage area where gladiators prepared for battle. Here, your expert, English-speaking guide will call on their historical and archaeological expertise to let you imagine the space as it once was. Scenery and caged wild animals stood ready to be hoisted into the arena by ingenious pulleys. You’ll practically feel the gladiators’ tense anticipation and hear the roar of the blood-thirsty crowd.
Then, walk in the gladiators’ footsteps on a partially reconstructed arena stage – a unique and amazing photo opportunity. And unlike the gladiators, you’ll get to ascend from the Arena Floor to the Colosseum’s second tier, where fans cheered the violent spectacles below.
Duration: 2 hours
The next stop on the tour takes you back to the very beginning. The Palatine Hill is the spot Romulus chose to found the city that would become Rome in 753 BC – a decision that ended in tragedy for his brother Remus. Here, steeped in history, you’ll enjoy a spectacular preview of your next destination: the Roman Forum.
Duration: 30 minutes
The Roman Forum and the Via Sacra, the Sacred Way, were the heart of Ancient Rome. All of Roman life could be found in this bustling marketplace: commerce and trade, political rallies, military parades, and the sacred ceremonies of the Vestal Virgins.
Duration: 30 minutes
All sales are final. No refund is available for cancellations.
• Public transportation options are available nearby
• Not recommended for travelers with poor cardiovascular health
• Travelers should have at least a moderate level of physical fitness
• Please note: All participant names are required at the time of booking in order to enter the Colosseum. Every customer is required to carry a valid ID that matches the name on the ticket, or an entry will be refused. Name changes are not permitted once the booking is confirmed
• Due to the fact that Colosseum Underground entry tickets can only be purchased using the full name of each passenger and cannot be modified or cancelled, no refund will be given for any tour cancellation once the tickets are purchased on the passengers’ behalf.
• On this tour, some of the venues or parts of the venue may be subject to last-minute, unpredictable closures.