See the very best of Tuscany on a full-day trip from Rome! Traveling to the stunning Val d'Orcia region, south of Siena, you'll be introduced to a beautiful landscape where medieval towns cling to sunny hills and rustic farms adorn the countryside. With an expert guide, you'll visit Montelpulciano, Montalcino and the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Pienza, sampling fine wines and local delicacies as you go!
Inclusions & Exclusions
✔ 3-course lunch and wine tasting at an authentic Tuscan winery
✔ Visit to St. Biagio Church in Montepulciano
✔ Dedicated audio headsets so you don't miss a thing
✔ In-vehicle air conditioning
✔ Visit to the hill town of Pienza
✔ Professional English speaking guide
✖ Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Piazza del Popolo, Roma RM, Italy
Meet at the center of Piazza del Popolo, by the large fountain with the lions and the obelisk. The nearest metro stop is Flaminio (Line A).
Return: End right where it started.
Take a Tuscany tour from Rome and see the best of the captivating Val d’Orcia region, near Siena. Board your luxury coach, and travel from Rome to Tuscany with its scenic, rolling hills.
Duration: 2 hours
Your first stop is Montepulciano, a town renowned for its fine wine and views. The Renaissance hilltown is best-known for its production of Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, a full-bodied red wine. Learn about it on a walking tour and discover highlights such as the Florence-style clock tower, the cathedral with its yet-to-be-finished façade, medieval wine cellars and the old town walls.
Duration: 1.5 hours
Tempio di San Biagio
Immerse yourself in the architecture of St. Biagio's Church. This temple is the result of an exceptional synthesis between the artistic language of the Renaissance and the beauty of the Tuscan landscape, due to its peculiar location in the midst of a breath-taking landscape overlooking the Tuscan hills. The church, an example of a Renaissance Greek cross central plan, was used for the original design by Bramante and Michelangelo for St. Peter's Basilica in Rome.
Having worked up an appetite, you'll have lunch with your group surrounded by vineyards. You’ll discover why Tuscany is Italy’s most renowned wine region as you enjoy a traditional 3-course lunch, with a local wine pairing including the world-famous Brunello di Montalcino wines.
Duration: 2 hours
Historic Centre of the City of Pienza
From the farm, travel on to Pienza, one of the region’s UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Here, enjoy up to 45 minutes of free time to explore. The layout of the town was created by Pope Pius II, who wanted to change the look of his birth town. Admire the historic center, which stays true to the pope’s vision, and gaze at the fine architecture that abounds. If you are a fan of food, check the shops for pecorino cheese, arguably Pienza’s most prized product.
Duration: 60 minutes
Explore Pienza and shop for local food and wines, take photographs and eat gelato.
Next, return to Rome in air-conditioned comfort — fulfilled, relaxed, and ready for the next day.
Duration: 60 minutes
• Infants are required to sit on an adult’s lap
• Travelers should have at least a moderate level of physical fitness
• Customers who have not reached Italy's legal drinking age of 18 will not be served alcohol
• Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. Knees, shoulders and backs must be covered
• Please note that itinerary and venues visited might vary according to season and availability, always offering the same inclusions.
• While travelling on the bus, social distancing will be enforced following the Italian government rules, hand sanitizer will be provided and sanitizing measures will be applied before and after the service. All customers will need to wear a FFP2 mask throughout the bus journey.
• Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking