for thousands of years our ancestors used the caves system for dwelling, performing sacred ceremonies and to store food. join us in this journey to the underworld. we provide the headlights, helmets, life jackets, kayaks and a experienced guide. All geared up, the guides led you thru a forest path sharing local uses of the plants seen along the forest trail. at the caves entrance, the guide shares information as to the seven caves layout, kayaking equipment familiarization and kayak route. here you will notice awesome large cave entrances with a crystal clear river flowing thru it. as you paddle you will go thru a series of caves, see many formations. the guide will show you places to stop and rest and enjoy a refreshing swim. the paddling continues thru the caves systems until you arrive at the exit where the sunlight glitters on the water, and the birds can be heard singing on the river bank. here we store our gear, use the facilities and prepare for the return drive home.
Inclusions & Exclusions
✔ molded heavy duty sit on top kayaks, single or tandem, paddles, PFDs, Helmets, jackets
✔ We Tour on Ship Time, arrive early and return to the dock with plenty of time to spare
✔ Lunch Break option to purchase lunch
✔ Transport by air-conditioned minivan
✖ Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
✖ Not available from Harvest Caye Port
• Not recommended for travelers with spinal injuries
• Not recommended for pregnant travelers
• Not recommended for travelers with poor cardiovascular health
• Travelers should have at least a moderate level of physical fitness
• we pick up at FSTV cruise port, REEF Terminal Exit, street side, San Pedro Express water taxi, hotels
• A moderate amount of hiking is involved
• Not recommended for children aged 8 and under
• Inclement Weather Concerns: we get hourly weather updates as to the condition of water levels at the rivers.
• sometimes its raining around the cruise line and coastal areas, and the rivers are fine.so we go ahead and do the tour as scheduled. only if the rains are in the mountains and right now the rivers are low and we need more water in the rivers then the float will be better, last week the kayaks were getting stuck in the lower parts of the rivers. if the rains are in the mountains and more than normal and the water rises and we can not take up the kayaks , then we use tubes to do cave tubing.... if the rangers in the mountain top measure more than usual water then the caves system are closed for all activities....we have the zipline tour. or the altun ha Maya site tour or refund for not participating on the alternate tour.
• participants must know how to swim
• bring a reusable water bottle, disposing of empty plastic bottles is not allowed
• for helmet cam use, bring helmet attachment
• cruise guest stay on ship time and arrive early, checkin with us as soon as possible , play more , arrive early
• restaurants, river shoe rentals, available at the park
• bring towels, change of clothing, swimwear, insect repellent, footwear with thick soles used to walk on gravel path and do the river crossing.
• Reserve Online and come ashore early, we dispatch as the vans fill up
• The Tour vans and staff are near the Belize sign by the lighthouse.
• NOT available from NCL Harvest Caye Port