Step aboard the teak decks of elegant 1920s style yachts, Manhattan or Manhattan II, and enjoy a 2.75 hour cruise while learning about NYC's architectural landmarks from the water. The "Around Manhattan" tour narration, provided by members of the American Institute of Architects’ (AIA) NYC chapter, is general enough for visitors yet detailed enough for the locals.
Experience a comfortable and unique tour through the Hudson, East, and Harlem Rivers from a glassed-in observatory cabin, which has sliding windows for a fresh breeze, or wander to an open bow for more unobstructed views of the surrounding sites. On this cruise, guests will circumnavigate the island of Manhattan, passing under all 18 bridges, while taking in monuments, architecture, parks and infrastructure with narration throughout the cruise.
Important note: select departures on Friday afternoons will focus on Climate Change in and around New York City. Please call the operator directly for questions on the tour theme.
Inclusions & Exclusions
✔ One complimentary beverage included
✔ Narration by a member of the American Institute of Architects New York Chapter
✔ Each reservation will be assigned a private table. A 2 ticket purchase minimum is required
✖ Gratuity is not included in the price of your cruise, but recommended.
✖ Food selections available for purchase. If bringing food please keep to a light snack
Departure & Return
62 Chelsea Piers, New York, NY 10011, USA
The boat departs from Chelsea Piers, on Pier 62, which is located at West 22nd Street and the Hudson River. We are at the northernmost end of the Chelsea Piers on the water. When walking to Chelsea Piers, you must cross the West Side Highway. There are crosswalks at 18th, 20th and 23rd Street. When standing on the west side highway facing the river (facing west), go around the north side of the large blue building. Our ticket booth is located steps from the dock on Pier 62. Please check in at the Classic Harbor Line ticket booth upon arrival, and you will be escorted to the boat by the Captain when it is time to board. If lost please call 212.627.1825.
Return: End right where it started.
One World Observatory
Learn about the buildings that make up Manhattan's Financial District as the boat cruises around Manhattan. Enjoy live commentary about many famous buildings from the guide throughout the cruise.
Spot the Woolworth Building as the boat cruises around Manhattan and enjoy live commentary about many famous buildings from the guide.
Statue of Liberty
Great up-close views of the Statue of Liberty can be seen from the boats observation cabin or open bow. A nice photo opportunity!
Cruise under all 18 bridges that connect Manhattan to the outer boroughs, New York and New Jersey on this 2.75-hour cruise, including the historic Brooklyn, Manhattan and Williamsburg Bridges!
Lower East Side
Learn about the buildings that make up Manhattan's Lower East Side as the boat cruises around Manhattan. Enjoy live commentary about many famous buildings from the guide throughout the cruise.
Empire State Building
See this historic landmark from the water
Spot the Chrysler Building as the boat cruises up the East River and enjoy live commentary about many famous buildings from the guide.
Upper West Side
Cruise along the Upper West Side, see some historic sites and learn about new buildings and the waterfront along the way
George Washington Bridge
As the boat cruises the northern part of Manhattan, enjoy a pass under the GW Bridge that connects Manhattan to New Jersey.
Up-close views of this historic island can be seen as the boat cruises along the East River.
Four Freedoms Park
Just one of the many points of interest you'll see up-close from the comfort of the boats observation cabin or open bow.
All sales are final. No refund is available for cancellations.
• Service animals allowed
• Public transportation options are available nearby
• Suitable for all physical fitness levels
• Guarantee of a full circumnavigation of Manhattan is not included. On rare occasions, the Spuyten Duyvil train bridge is inoperable and cannot open for us to pass through. This is often times not known until our tour is underway. River closures may also occur for a number of reasons. There are no refunds for tours that cannot fully circumnavigate. We will accommodate such cases with a tour that features a double backing of the route and further detail of the waterfront sites.
• Service animals are permitted; Emotional Support animals and pets are not permitted
• Please let us know in advance if assistance is required for boarding
• Not for children under 14 years due to this cruise being a heavily-narrated tour experience. We recommend families to join us on Statue & Skyline tours, day sails or any other minimally narrated day time event
• This cruise is a heavily-narrated tour experience. It's for those seeking an informative, exciting, and content-rich trip. We require guest conversations to be kept to a reasonable level so that narration can be heard by all
• Groups of 10 or more will be contacted by the operator in advance for an additional 10% group gratuity
• Important note: From time to time, the theme of this tour, route and narration may change. Variations of this tour include, AIANY Bridge & Infrastructure Tour, AIANY Industrial Waterways Tour to Freshkills Park, and the AIANY Climate Change Tour: Resiliency, Sustainable Architecture and the Future of NYC. Please reach out to the operator for questions on specific tour theme details