Relive the glory of Ancient Rome on this 3 hour truly small-group tour, led by an expert and professional guide. We limit our small groups to ONLY 6 people, ensuring a semi-private experience and a friendly environment to interact with your guide! Skip the long lines and enjoy an Access-All-Areas tour of Rome’s mighty Colosseum, including parts usually restricted to visitors with a regular ticket. In this tour, you will be able to explore the subterranean underground chambers of the Colosseum, where the wild animals were held and the gladiator prepared before battle. You will also stand in the very area where the bloody gladiator battles once took place and saw unparalleled views: the Arena floor. As you stand there and see the same view the gladiators once saw, imagine hearing the roar of the crowds that must have welcomed them. Then, climb up the gorgeous Palatine Hill for breathtaking views, and descend into the Roman Forum, which you will explore thoroughly with your expert guide.
Inclusions & Exclusions
✔ Climb down inside the Underground and walk onto the Arena of the Colosseum
✔ Skip the long lines!
✔ Enjoy a friendly and professional Local Expert Guide
✔ Tour in a Safe and Small Group of MAX 6 PEOPLE GUARANTEED!
✖ Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Piazza del Colosseo, 21, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
In front of the SOS sign outside of the Colosseum's Metro Station's MAIN ENTRANCE, ground floor, right across the street from the Colosseum itself. Please note that there are two levels to the Colosseum Metro Station, your meeting point is at ground level. Your guide will be holding a LivTours sign.
Return: End right where it started.
• Infants and small children can ride in a pram or stroller
• Public transportation options are available nearby
• Suitable for all physical fitness levels
• IMPORTANT: All names provided at time of booking MUST MATCH a valid piece of ID for each traveler. Failure to input correct names will result in a loss of the tour as per current Colosseum regulations.
• Children and youth must be accompanied by an adult
• Proof-of-age for teenagers under 18 years is required
• Please note: large bags, backpacks and suitcases are not permitted in the Colosseum and Roman Forum. Only small bags are allowed. Glass bottles and containers are also not allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the Colosseum
• Due to extreme weather conditions, the Colosseum Administration may limit access to some or all of the restricted areas (Colosseum, Arena Level and Third Tier), to ensure security of its visitors. No refund will be granted on these rare occasions
• UNDERGROUND AND ARENA: The access to the restricted areas of the Colosseum (Underground and Arena) may be shared among other participants in the our exclusive entry slot. At times, for safety reasons, logistics and traffic control, the group may be led by one guide. This choice is at the complete discretion of the Colosseum's administration and security policy of that day in accordance to adequate safety measures. Please be aware that this is only for 30/40 minutes of the total duration of the tour. Our max 6 people policy is guaranteed for the remainder of the duration of the tour.
• GENERAL ENTRY:Please note that for safety reasons the Colosseum can accommodate up to 3000 people at once. This could lead to delays in access to the site, even for pre-booked visitors. Please be on time!
• English Language Only